What We DoThe Highway Division is responsible for routine maintenance and repair of all City owned pavements and surface infrastructure within the street right-of-way in the City, with the exception of those maintained by the County or State.
In addition, the Highway Division is responsible for snow and ice control, mowing of city owned turf areas, maintenance of traffic signs and signals, street lighting, storm drainage, and operation of the Recycling Center.
The Highway Division also provides support staff for the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department.
Highway Statistical Report
- My storm sewer is draining too slow. Will the city check this out?
- Can my drainage ditch be enclosed?
- Can my sump pump discharge hose drain into the street?
- Can we have our culvert replaced when we have a new driveway put in?
- Who is responsible for landscaping after the city repairs my culvert?
- Will the city replace my cracked driveway approach?
- What to do if my storm inlet is plugged?
- Does the City pick up Christmas Trees?
- Does the City pick up brush and yard waste?
- Will the City remove a damaged tree on my property?
- There is a dead animal in the road. Who picks it up?
- What are the hours of operation for the Recycling Center?
- Why didn’t I get a snowplow marker?
- Who clears the bike paths & sidewalks?
- The snowplow damaged my lawn. Who is responsible?
- The snowplow hit my mailbox. Who is responsible?
- What if the snowplow damages my lawn sprinkler head?
- The snowplow left a lot of snow in my driveway, who is going to clean it up?
- Why is my street always plowed last?
- I live on a cul-de-sac, why do the snowplow drivers only make one pass through it?